1st Armor operates a communication center. The “Dispatch” center operates over a TWO-WAY network. This Network has an operational span encompassing the entire state. This center is managed by professional trained civilian dispatchers.
Operations Communication will be supported during all hours of operation, to include those required by your property.
Dispatcher duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the communications coordination.
- Provide contact support to field officers.
- Responsible for coordinating and recording the activity of the officers.
- Responsible for the notifying requirements, i.e. client representatives, police department, emergency medical personnel, fire department, etc.
- Responsible for performing periodic radio communication and security checks with field officers. (Security checks assist in keeping officers alert.)
Each officer assigned to duty will be issued a two-way radio. All personnel assigned to duty will have instant person-to-person communication with their supervisor and dispatcher.
"OUR MISSION is to provide unmatched public safety and security while building lasting partnerships with our communities and those who support them.”